About the Job
The Research Scientist is responsible for the development of ballistic system for LE and Military markets. This person participates as an active member of a cross-functional product development process including Operations, Engineering, R&D and other groups. Also, maintains data mining for all current military contracts and communicates findings to cross functional departments.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities
1. Evaluates new and existing material.
2. Designs and evaluates ballistic systems for LE, Military and International markets.
3. Performs experiment designs and executions. Writes forms for internal and external funding needs.
4. Leads technical assignments in the areas of new product development, process development and product/process improvement.
5. Ensures facilities, personnel and ballistic experiments are adhering to applicable standards.
6. Performs statistical and numerical analysis, root cause analysis, risk analysis and financial analysis.
7. Leads the identification, assessment, validation and commercialization of new technologies.
8. Searches and evaluates different textile systems and polymer systems used for ballistic materials.
9. Provides technical and operations risk assessments related to new product development.
10. Develops and maintains material balances and unit operation capability information to ensure optimal production rates, parameters and formulas.
11. Conducts capacity studies, enhances system reliability and identifies productivity improvements including new technologies.
12. Develops and maintains strategic technical improvement plans for systems.
13. Studies the impact of properties of fiber, resin on ballistic performance and the failure mechanism of high strength fibers to make better bullet proof vests.
14. Utilizes various statistical tools to analyze ballistic performance of different textile systems.
15. Serves as a technical liaison for all levels including production and maintenance, plant technical and management resources, product engineering and R&D organization and other plants.
16. Develops and delivers technical training for various levels of the organization and serves as a divisional resource in cross-functional platform, technology and product teams.
17. Interfaces with customers and suppliers from a technical perspective.
18. Travels to Trade Shows and Supplier locations as needed.
19. Responsible for working according to the company’s safety and quality standards.
20. Maintains a safe and clean work area.
21. Performs additional duties as assigned or required.
Cognition:Processes thoughts and experiences effectively from decision making to innovative thinking, analysis, judgments and problem solving. This includes examining information to draw conclusions, developing creative ideas and perspectives, making informed decisions considering all of the facts, goals, constraints and risks associated and resolving difficult challenges.
Communication:Communicates clearly with others avoiding ambiguity in all aspects of communication from speaking to writing, listening, and reading. This includes expressing ideas and facts orally and in writing, understanding and learning from what others say and grasping the meaning of written information.
Interaction with Others:Communicating and reacting with co-workers appropriately to maintain a professional environment. This includes encouraging others and furthering Company objectives, building constructive working relationships consisting of acceptance and respect, promoting cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and embracing a work environment that appreciates diversity.
Personal Effectiveness:Incorporating all personal resources to achieve work objectives the most efficiently from accountability to adaptability, customer and safety focus and continual learning. This includes taking responsibility for actions, quality and timeliness of work, adjusting to changing business needs, conditions and work responsibilities, maintaining customer satisfaction with the products offered by the company, adhering to all workplace standards, regulations and practices and showing an ongoing commitment to self-improve.
§ Bachelor’s Degree or Post-Doctoral Degree in Polymer Science or Mechanical/Industrial/Chemical Engineering.
§ Demonstrates aptitude with continuous improvement tools, statistics and analytical methods.
§ Minimum two (2) to four (4) years of formal training in manufacturing systems, textile cutting and sewing operations or composite material manufacturing.
§ Experience in failure analysis and processing simulation.
§ Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function for this position.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
§ Requires walking, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 25 lbs. unassisted.
§ Requires repetitive movements with fingers, hands, wrist, and arms.
§ Requires traveling when needed.
As a Federal Contractor, Point Blank Enterprises, Inc.abides by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, compensation inquiries, discussions or disclosures. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, compensation inquiries, discussions or disclosures.
Qualified individuals with a disability have the right to request a reasonable accommodation. If you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our careers website as a result of your disability, request a reasonable accommodation by: (1) sending an e-mail to Maria Romero, email@example.com or calling 1-(954) 630-0900 (2) informing us regarding the nature of your request and (3) providing your contact information.
Please do not direct any other general employment related questions or resumes to this email and/or phone number. Only inquiries concerning a request for a reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.
Point Blank Enterprises, Inc. is an EOE/AA/MFDV Employer.
• Post ID: 75558557 southflorida